what's your #1 tip for this brand new mommy?

(Yes, I FINALLY had Joss, in case you didn't get the memo hahaha)

My daughter is only five days old, and I've learned so much already. I'm learning to sleep when my baby sleeps, it's probably the best advice anyone has given me so far! But I know there's a lot of stuff you guys know that I probably don't.

So, what's your best advice for a brand new first time mom?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trust your instincts.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Zippers are your friend! Well, at night... Trying to button (or snap) up thoughts cute little PJ's at night when you are so out of it is such a pain!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Listen politely to (or read) advice give you...then decide what to follow and/or adapt for yourself.

Congratulations!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Take help when it is offered to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The earlier you play and learn with them the more likely they are to learn faster, i am/did that with all my children.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Just remember its just one day... tomorrows a different day. Some days are going to be overwhelming... but the first few months will pass before you know it and then your baby will starting doing more like laughing and saying mama and those are the greatest rewards a mom could ever have! Just try your hardest to be calm and patient..
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Doctors aren't all-knowing Gods. Don't just go along with whatever they say because they went to med. school.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Don't feel like you have to be superwoman. By that I mean...so what if the laundry doesn't get folded today. Who cares if the dishes get left in the sink longer than you normally do. Taking care of your baby and yourself (which is often hard) should be top priority. The chores will always be there but your baby is only a baby for a very short period of time. If you have all you need for the baby and a friend asks you if you need something, tell them it would be great if they could do your dishes or fold some laundry. They will be happy to help you in any way you need...if they are a true friend anyway.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you expirence a poopy up his/her back and your not home, instead of using all of your wipes, run your babys buns under a sink and rinse them off, it happened to me in the mall and i was unsure where to even start. luckily my sister in law was with me and she knew just what to do... ALAWYS pack plenty of outfits, i still do and my baby is now 10 months, but they pee right through thier outfits. Good thing to do is to leave extra diapers in the car and wipes incase your in a rush and you forget the diaper bag.
    Spongebobsp002

Answer by Spongebobsp002 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Everyones babys are different!!!!
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 10:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008