TO those of you who look down on teen moms

why are you are so judgmental?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I never bash, and I try not to be rude, but I'm sure knowing how difficult it is plays a part of it. My sister became a mother at 17 and it was hard, but she did it and she did it WELL. I see a lot of mothers treating their kids like accessories though (and that isn't just teens...that applies to all people who weren't ready to be parents yet). It is all about how you handle yourself and whether or not you're truly recognizing the responsibility that comes with having a child.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I only am when girls use the fact that they had a baby as excuse as to why they failed at stuff. "I couldn't go to school cause I had a baby" That pisses me off. Other wise I don't truly care. If you can handle it more power to you!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm 19 so I don't :) but I do think that those people who don't give their babies the best chances by just giving up on their education etc are to be judged a little, or just given some more support to be convinced they can do it.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 10:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Don't worry about it..It's just old ppl who have nothing better to do than judge, it's how they were raised.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Despite what anon 9:41 suggests, I am not old. I look down on teen parents because I see it as irresponsible and selfish. I don't think teens should be having sex. They should be kids until they graduate HS. However, I also believe in no sex before marriage. The "me, me, me" attitude that leads to kids having sex and then babies is a big indication of what is wrong with society, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. That is why I look down. I judge because I didn't have sex or a kid while a teenager, so I don't accept other people's excuses for doing it. Just don't do it.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Pnukey, that is so shallow of you, you assume that young parents are not married??
    I had my baby when I was 18, and I was MARRIED!! so your reason for looking down on teen mothers isnt a real reason, it does not apply to all teen moms!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Pnukey..Hi! welcome to 2009 (almost) teens have sex..babies are made..some teens (myself included) chose not to abort, but rather to grow up, and take care of my responsibility. In turn, I go out to the mall, grocery store, wherever, and get looks and comments from judgemental a$$holes who have never stepped foot in my shoes. I understand..Don't have sex..blahblah..But in todays society where SEX is shoved down your throat..it happens. How dumb of you to say.."I didn't do it..So neither should you" ..Guess what? ppl are different. So proudly I will show my face, and to you POSTER, if you are a teen mom..good luck! Be a good one and prove OTHERS wrong. I did!!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I wouldnt be proud to be a teen mom. sorry. look I had a baby when I was 16! yay for ME! If you all are so darn responsiable & know so much, you'd think you would either use bc or a little bit of restraint. Use condoms and pills. Or just have oral sex. It doesn't make babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't think just because you have a baby young its fair to say that those moms are irresponsible and selfish. What do you call some grown women who have babies to hold a relationship together, or may mistakenly get pregnant on a one night stand? I was/am married when I got pregnant and had my son but I have a cousin who had her first at 15 and she now has four. I don't think she made the best decisions but she is taking care of her children and has grown into a fine young woman and mother because of it.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 11:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What do you call a grown woman who have babies to a hold a relationship together? Stupid & selfish. And if a grown up mistakenly gets pregnant from a one night stand chances are they wont have to live with mom & dad because they are too young to get a real job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2008