Does it make me a bad mommy? :S

That I sort of resent the babies because I feel like a whale. I'm 27 weeks gone and I'm bigger than most moms full time I swear, I feel like a whale, I'm on bedrest and I just can't stop crying. Does this make me a bad mommy that I just want them out? Even though I know that that's impossible and that I do need to keep them in as much as I can. Please don't bash me. and don't get me wrong I love them so much already. I'm just being weird I suppose. And feeling so guilty now.

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 10:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not trying to bash, but weight gain is part of pregnancy..One day your gonna look back and think.."God, what was I thinking?" I look at my flabby ass sometimes that is a result of my 2 kids, but I don't resent them..I just know it comes with the territory. Just remember..weight is gained and lost.it isn't perminent, but your babies lives and health is!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• No... I was little miss skinny minny, and when I got preggers I was HUGE! I was wearing an XXL in maternity cloths. I was always crying cause I felt so ugly. I bet your just beautify with your baby tummy :)
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 10:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• No it doesn't make you a bad Mommy. It means that you're human and you're going through a rough time. Best of luck.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Keep in mind that your hormones might be making you feel this way. And remember that be pregnant isn't permanent.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I understand where you are coming from but just remember that its not the babys fault... its the mans LMAO just kidding... as much as I loved going to the doctor to hear the heart beat and know my baby was growing... I also dreaded it because of that stupid scale... I actually told my doctor not to tell me what my weight gain was unless it was unhealthy in one way or the other.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• lol call me crazy i loved the gaining weight part.. haha i weight 100 lbs before i was pregnant and every week i couldn't wait to see how much i had gained :) your hormonal right now.. (don't hate me for saying that haha) your not a bad mom... your emotions are getting the best of you- it would have been miserable if i had been on bed rest too.. who wants to lay on the couch 24/7. Just take a nap and hopefully you'll wake up happy or have some friends come over and keep you company!! It will get better
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I know you may be feeling less then stellar about your appearance right now but your going to feel different once the babies come. You'll be overwhelmed with joy and aw that your body produced this life. Well maybe not...but that's how I felt after my son was born. My appearance doesn't weigh on my mind near as much anymore. I'm too engrossed in being the very best mommy I can be. And your children love you unconditionally even when you haven't showered, your hair is a mess, and supermodel your're not. It's the best kind love ever. As cheesy as it may sound.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Its hard to give up your body and life for 10 months! I bawled my eyes out when during the last week of my pregnancy, stretch marks showed up. I wouldnt get out of bed for a full day! 10 of my friends had to show me their stretchmarks to make me quit crying then bribe me out of bed will a trip to babies r us...Just remember, its not like you got huge from eating all day and not taking care of yourself. You have babies in your belly!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Bed rest is hard on anyone. Don't feel bad for wanting it to be over. (((hugs))) Don't judge yourself as a Mother until you have the babies here. It may sound silly now, but one day you'll miss having them inside you.
    Congratulations!
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 10:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• No, I'm 30 wks. and absolutely hate the weight gain. I'm very active and exercising and it is still hard to deal with, I can't imagine being on bedrest! It's like, no matter what I do I'm starving and now putting on about 1 lb. a week! Going to the doc. is depressing, but just know that there is really nothing we can do about it. Even if you were able to be up and about, you'd still be gaining weight...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2008