• In the Spotlight:

what can I do for help with sitting a 14 year old autistic daughter , losing my sitter dont know what to do . Do not get any outside help

I have had gramma watching her so she will get on the school bus in the morning and have her when she gets home from school. Gramma cant do this anymore due to health reasons. I work and have no one else , we live in an area where there is no neighbors most are gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I would look into an after school and before school program. I know that at my kids school they have after school program that is right at the school.

If that does not work then I would look into a home day care. There might be something that you are just not aware of.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Have you checked into a respite provider program? In my state, my son is entitled to respite hours through the state so that I can work - Do you know if you have something similar in your state? Also, depending on how severely your child is affected by her autism, as a previous poster mentioned, you could look into a school-based program; although at your DD's age there typically isn't a program available. However, given her special needs, they may make an exception for her, so I would still ask. If there is a college or university nearby, you could check with administration to see if they would be willing to post a caregiver position in the student assistance office. Good luck!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• also you could look for someone who has expierience and training to watch your Daughter
    angelwings3116

Answer by angelwings3116 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009