C-section question

I just had my baby about 6 months ago and I am due to have another in August. I am going to have a c-section again (because of the way I am shaped downstairs, its too small for a baby to fit through) but I am wondering about the recovery this time around. Is going to be harder since my body isnt completly healed??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My second c/section was much easier to recover from. It helps that this time around you'll know your limits. The hardest part was not being able to pick up my oldest child.

Congratulations!
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 10:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree, my second was much easier to recover from. Then again I did not have then that close together, the third was even easier. Good Luck and Congrats!!
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yeah I agree the hardest was not being able to pick up my oldest. I had mine 17m apart and my next is in 2 weeks 12m apart from the last. I dont think it is any easier or harder then the last. The only thing that might make it harder is you willl have a toddler running around and cant just sleep or lay down when ever you want. Good Luck
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The second one is much easier! Just get up as soon as you can and start walking in the hospital! Don't be afraid to take advantage of the pills while you are there.
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i don't know yet, i'm in the same boat. i'm 18 weeks pregnant with my second child. my kids will be exactly 18 months apart. the doctor says if you get pregnant after the 6 months mark, then, you should be healed by the time the next baby is born.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My second section was a bit easier. It was harder when I got home but mostly because I had a toddler to chase around LOL.

Just dont push yourself. If you are doing something and you get tired, stop and rest. Pushing yourself will only slow down healing. And follow drs orders when it comes to what you should and shouldnt do.

Plus, everyone is different depending on their pain tolerance level. If you did fine before, you will again.

I think second ones are easier because you truly know what to expect.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My 2nd section was my easiest recovery by far. There was 15 months in between #1 and #2 and I felt great after my 2nd. I could totally feel my legs before I left recovery and was sitting up, dangling my feet that night. The next morning I was hopping in and out of bed with ease (on the pain killers anyway...it was much more difficult when they ran out). Some of the nurses were shocked to find out I had just had a c-section the day before because I was moving around better then some of the moms that had vaginal births. I was ready to leave that night but they wouldn't let me.
    3 weeks later I felt normal. I was walking my 15 month old to the park while carrying my newborn in the Snugli.
    But every recovery is different. My last one (#4 which was 3 1/2 years after the 3rd) was the worst. I had an infection and was in pain for 4 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2008