Is it okay to be alone with my lesbian friend?

Please dont take offense...

here is the deal- out of respect to your husband, you would not be alone with a man.... so is it okay to be alone with my girlfriend who is gay? she obviously has a crush on me....

i really really like her though and she's cool as crap. i think she knows that nothing is going to happen but...

is it the same for a lesbian as a man? not appropriate? my husband doesnt care but i dont think he knows she is crushing on me... and so flirtatious...

so what do you think?(dont bash its a legit question)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• Um, I nor my husband, have any problem with me being alone with anybody. I have the ability to control myself and my husband trusts me. When I find myself in any kind of situation, I always ask myself 'Would my husband be upset if he saw me behaving this way?' As long as I can answer that question with a firm 'NO' then it's fine. That includes being alone with another man. As long as I'm behaving in a way that wouldn't upset my husband if he suddenly walked in on us, then we have no problem. Same with lesbians or anybody else for that matter.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Its up to you. But i think if its ok with the hubby then it should be fine
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think if she is a TRUE friend she may flirt, but she wont try anything else AND if it doesnt bother your husband it shouldnt bother you. Just be open with him if she does try anything so he has grounds to change his mind. IMO, gay people are very respectful and would not force it on you. If you have feelings for HER though, I would stray away, and only hang out with her when your husband is around! :)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you're not in to her and your husband doesn't care then it should be no problem.
    dinkerstory

Answer by dinkerstory at 11:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• OP here- thanks mizkaye. that is how i should view it! i appreciate all the answers i wasnt trying to sound weird or sketchy or judgmental. i just wasnt sure how to feel about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• mizkaye's answer was excellent
    binga19

Answer by binga19 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thank you! This is just how the husband and I operate. We have made it a rule that we always tell each other first. For instance, this past Saturday night, I went out with my girlfriends for drinks and to hear a band play in a bar. I ran into some guys that work with my husband. After speaking to them, I immediately texted my husband (who was working a night shift) that I had seen these fellas. He was cool with it because he found out right away from me. We live in a small town and the chance that somebody else who knows my husband could have seen me talking to these other dudes and would tell my husband before me is real. It would also make me look like I was doing something I shouldn't be doing.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Are you comfortable being alone with her? Maybe you'd rather not put yourself in that position. If that's the case then don't. If you know nothing will happen your husband should trust you.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• So, to avoid that appearance, I told my husband first. Also, when we go out without the other, we always keep in touch by text. If we move locations...say from restaraunt to bar, we tell the other right away. When I got home Saturday night, I texted my husband right away to let him know. The cell phone has become our 'electronic leash'...LOL! It doesn't matter what you are doing...what matters is, would your spouse be angry if they saw you doing it?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• um...............

Just don't have sex with her.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008