Stains!

Ok, what can I use to get BM stains out of baby clothes, as well as food stains. I am losing clothes by the minute here! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I looove oh crap whats it called... I dunno it comes in a green bottle with a red nozzle LOL sorry preggo brain fart... But its the best stain remover ever. But with poopy messes rinse them of in warm water, apply the stain remover rub it in let it sit for like 5 minutes give it another good rinse/scrub under warm water put a lil more stain remover if necessary and then throw it into the wash! Some of those stains can be a lot of work to get out but they CAN come out... ugh I wish I could remember the name of that stain remover I need to go get some now that Im about to have another little poop machine! lol
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I soak stains over night in Oxyclean. Takes everything out and leaves the colors. It is a life saver. I have gotten things out that I never thought would come out. It even gets red wine out of my table cloths.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Dreft has a stain remover. It's really stinky, but it works great! Especially on spit-up and poopie. They knew what we'd be using it on, cuz it gets them out every time. I got it at walmart for like, $4. They keep it in the baby section, and it's the only stain remover in my house! Work it in with a brush of some kind (I use an old toothbrush) and let it sit while you load the rest of the washer. Throw it on top, and do your laundry like normal.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I use the liquid laundry soap Era plus. I put it in a spray bottle with a bit of water so that it will spray out and use it on all stains. Works like a charm. I spray the stains when I sort the laundry and let the worst of them sit a while.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What ever you decide to use, make sure you rinse it as soon as possible to get all the actual food off, and then spray it. Don't let the food dry on the clothes. Best to wash them quickly - don't let them sit for a week. I find that spray and wash at the time, and then again when putting into the wash. But I don't know how sensitive your baby is, so spray and wash may not be good for you.
    JoyntHeir

Answer by JoyntHeir at 12:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Use a product that says protein stain remover.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• A friend of mine got me hooked on this new eco-friendly stain remover called Winning Colours Stain Remover and it works on every stain I have had so far. I went to their website to find a store near me and used their store locator. Here is the link: http://winningbrandscorporation.com/store_locator.htm You might enjoy seeing these videos too to see what it can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dQBCP4e24 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXmQIyYxtmw
    JulieB34

Answer by JulieB34 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2009