Is it normal to not have an appetite... Like never have your tummy growl or feel hungry type of appetite?

Whenever I do eat, it's because I force it in myself since I know I need to eat... But I just never seem to be hungry, I can go a long time without eating and the only way I know that I am getting really hungry is because I start getting very dizzy and tired.
I also get really bloated and full very quickly.

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2011 in Health

• I am the same way. I eat when I feel dizzy and tired. Some days I don't eat at all. I usually eat dinner with the family.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2011

• I used to have those same exact characteristics that was when I was stupidly not eating (only little nibbles a day). I remember on some days I wouldn't even be hungry after a few days of not eating. Huge mistake, I shortly after had to go to the hospital when I discovered I had 3 gallstones and I also suffer occassionally from gallstone attacks to this day. So not pleasant, much worse than heartburn. Force yourself to eat and don't go down the road I did.
    Rosxjun88

Answer by Rosxjun88 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2011

• have you "trained" your body to not be hungry. example my softball coach apptie decrease because he's MIL moved from hawaii and had to live with them with her husband til they got on their feet and they didn't always have enough food to go around. so he would make sure his wife and kids ate first and then if he eats ok...if he don't ok. so when they got to a better place, where he was able to eat he wouldn't because he got use to not being able to eat all the time. if you want an increase in apptite you can ask your doc for some megase which is a med to increase apptite. eating when your dizzy can be dangerous. your blood sugar can drop so low that eating may not help b ecause of the time it takes for the body to process the sugars
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2011