When and how did you all wean your babies from bottle to sippy?

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to try lots of different sippies. My son did best with the ones with soft tips. He also likes the ones with a built in straw. Good luck!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I mainly breastfed, so I'm weaning off the booby and now she's on the bottle of organic whole milk (my daughter will be 13 months old tomorrow). She drinks water from a sippi-cup through-out the day. She will not take milk from a sippi though.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• At 6 months we introduced the sippy cup. As soon as they showed they could drink from one, we put all the bottles away and that was it. At a year, we switched to straw cups the same way.

If they can drink from a sippy cup, there is no reason for them to have a bottle any longer.

We did try several different brands with our oldest...he took the NUBY cups. We just used those with the other two.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We started with the sippy while he was still on his bottle. We would put milk in the sippy, so he wouldn't think milk was only for the bottle. Then on his first birthday, we threw out the bottles and he didn't even notice.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• At about 10 months my daughter would drink juice/water out of a sippy but refused to drink her milk out of anything but her bottle. At her 12 month appointment I brought it up to the doctor and she suggested taking Hailey out and letting her choose her sippy cup and every time she would want milk, I would show her the sippy and let her watch me put the milk in there. After 2 tries she was on the sippy and completely off her bottle.

She is now drinking from a straw sippy for her juice/water and a regular sippy for her milk.
    haileysmom805

Answer by haileysmom805 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I worked in a daycare and once the babies started sitting up, I would put water in a sippy cup and let them play with it, along with their toys. They mouth everything anyway and soon realized they got a reward for sucking on the sippy. It also fostered an early love of water for them
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I gave my daughter formula in her sippy cup yesterday and she sucked it all down like it was nothing to her. So, do you think I should stop giving her bottles now? She is almost 7 months old.
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008