What is with the control issues?!

OMG! I see it on here and even more in my own family...women want to know where their husbands are every second and nag, nag, nag. First, I can't imagine ever being with someone that I didn't trust out of my sight. Second, I can't see the appeal in "babysitting" your man. Third, I can't imagine how being together every second of every day could possibly benefit a relationship.

My mother drove me nuts with this about a month ago. She is a controlling woman, but I was saying how my SO got out of work early the other day. She asked what we did with the afternoon...and when I said "Oh, he didn't get back to the house til about 6" She freaked out. He went to Home Depot and when I didn't know what he bought or how much he spent she went even crazier.

Am I the only one that doesn't care what my SO bought at "the depot" or that he didn't want to spend his extra hour up my @$$? I mean, I'm pretty fantastic, but geez!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree with you!! My Man isn't home much anyway due to work. And he calls me a lot dont get me wrong, But he is checking on his daughter. And when he is away I dont call and say where are u what are u doing and he doesnt do that to me and then when he is home, we do have family time but I need my space.
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 11:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The only thing I care about is how much my hubby spent since I handle the bills and the budget... He forgets to put things in the register and then we overdraw lol. But if he called me one night after work and wanted to go out with the boys Id be like fine but dont wake me up when you get home- well and NO strip clubs LOL. Thats the only thing I care about go to all the sports bars you want, go to home depot buy some man stuff whatever but no nekked girls! :D cont'd....
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• But I know what you mean, I am leaving for utah for a week with our daughter and we only have the one cell phone so Im takin it and his best friends girlfriend is FREAKING out like- you wont be able to call and check up on him! To which I said so? He knows what he has to lose if he decides to act like an idiot why should I worry about it? I know hes not dumb gurantee you he will got to work come home drink beer and play WoW and COD5 until his eyes rot out of his skull lol!
    SweetPea05

• my husband has to let me know where he is all the time and it is not a control issue it is the fact that if there is any kind of an emergency and i need to get ahold of him i know how. i wish he would go away more often lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm with you here. The only time I get annoyed when my husband isn't around is when I really need a break from the kids. =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I definitely understand where you're coming from. My husband has a cell phone, which is my favorite invention, so I am able to get a hold of him at any time in the case of any emergency and yet still be able to have him outta my face;)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Well, my dh and I spend time away from each other doing our own thing, but we are never out of touch. We do let the other know where we are going, who we are with and what we are doing...it's a safety and respect issue. If my husband were to go missing, I would know where to tell the police to look for him. Unless he tells me he's going to Home Depot, then I wouldn't know to tell the cops to look there. As long as we are behaving ourselves and keep in touch we are free to do as we please in my marriage.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i like to know what my man is up to, but i dont check up on him every second, it all gets covered in the "how was your day" when he gets home
    i also know how much he spent on anything cause i keep track of the finances, so unless he gets cash or something, it shows up
    but as for "babysitting" your man, i completely agree, i don't contoll him and half the time i don't even know where he is
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I understand what you are saying... that's why I left my ex, because I had to be that girl, and I HATED it. A man that needs a leash is no man at all. I'm glad you have a health relationship, and I would just tell people that nag.. why should I know everything when my husband will tell me what I need to know and I trust him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I like to know where my dh is most of the time, but not because I don't trust him. I want to be able to get a hold of him in an emergency and half the time he doesn't answer his phone. Plus I worry constantly and if he's late, I wonder if he's been in an accident or something. Not that I want to control him, just be informed of what's going on! As far as what he spends, I'm the only one who deals with the bills and the bank account, so I always know about it anyway!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008