I know this has been asked but I was wondering.

I am going to have my c-section in 13 days. I have not packed my bag yet. I have to stay in the hospital for 3 days after. What should I bring? I know stuff like clothes for me and for my daughter and not to bring diapers cause they have them. But I will be all alone as my SO has to work and take care of our older children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A book to read, or magazines. Your cell phone so you have all your contacts. $20 in case you need it. Shampoo and soap, hairdryer and makeup if that's important.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would take diapers if you want to use a certain kind. Don't forget toiletries (toothbrush, hair brush, makeup if you are up to that) slippers, stuff to entertain yourself (books... maybe call the hospital and ask what they allow you to bring). If you are going to wander down to the cafeteria (which I am not sure if they let you out of bed after a c-section) some way to pay for food. :)
    I am not sure what else... I have not had a hospital stay, but was trying to think of when I stayed with my husband while he had surgery and what I wished we had.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you have long hair, like me, wash and braid your hair tightly right before you go. You will not be able to get up and take a shower right away.
    AprilD32

Answer by AprilD32 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• A camera to keep with you at the hospital, take your own toothbush, toothpaste, brush or comb, your own shampoo/conditioner. Hospital does supply these but they are not that great. Ponytail holders if you have long hair, I always took a few with me. Excpect to ware meternity clothes home for comfort. Take a bathrobe, but one that if it gets stained that you dont mind getting rid of. Maybe a book to read, but you will probably be to busy to read. Write phone numbers down of friends and family. Sometimes you get busy and have a brainbreeze, plus if you have another person in the room with you and you are having difficulty using the phone you can have them dial the number with out repeating it over and over again. Sometimes the phones can be a pain to dial out. LOL And try to get rest as well as moving around.
    4boysandmom

Answer by 4boysandmom at 11:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would bring like an ipod or something. I brought cross word puzzles, a baby book to write in, I kept a journal, and I brought my cell phone and planned talking to people at certain times especially when it was late cause I liked my phone. That's what I brought along. Just bring stuff you like to do.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009