Am I drinking too much?

Water, that is lol. I am 31.5 weeks pregnant and I drink cup after cup of water ALL day and drink in the middle of the night too. I cant get enough. I ALWAYS feel dehydrated and do not drink anything else except occationally a glass of juice to switch it up. I have already been tested for gestational diabetes and that came back normal so that is not the issue. How can I feel more hydrated. I am peeing often so I know I am getting a lot and probably not REALLY dehydrated but I FEEL like I am.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 11:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• omfg you almost gave me a heart attack lol, i was gonna be like yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but uh.................. no i think your ok lol
    4four

Answer by 4four at 12:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If it isn't gestational diabetes, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but you can drink too much and deplete your nutrients and stuff. I have no idea what the "safe" limit is, but I would check with your doctor to make sure there isn't anything else going on and that you're not doing anything unsafe.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• NO you can never have enough water. I did that to around the same time it lasted for a couple weeks. Now I am 37.5 and drink about half of what I should cause I dont even have the energy to get up and get the glass of water LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I drank water like a fish with allmy pregnancies. Then after didnt care much or as much for water.

Answer by gemgem at 11:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• gosh, i always feel thirsty even when not pregnant, but, i am pregnant now and don't drink enough...i'm either too busy or just too lazy...i just take sips all day... it's ashame too, i used to drink a gallon of water in a day, i don't know what happened to me now...just not into it, i guess. i'm trying to drink more because i'm starting to get muscle cramps in my calves like i did with my first pregnancy.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• nope it will end soon
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• you actually can retain too much water. when your hands and ankles/feet swell try pushing on the skin, if theres an indent, then call your doc. its called pitting adema. i had it and he told me to watch how much liquid intake i was getting.
    Anonymous