need advice

i went shopping with the inlaws and went over their house afterwards and then straight to work...so i left my new stuff over there.. i baught sum toys and clothes for my son... they wrapped the stuff and put it under their christmas tree... and my son never ended up going over there on christmas.. i baught the stuff for my house though.. they still havent offered to drop the stuff off to me and its after christmas.. i begginning to believe they think i bought the stuff for my son to have over there... when really i just didnt have a way to get it to my house after we went shopping that day.. i want to ask for it back but i dont wanna sound rude or stingy.. what do i say?? i want my stuff back.. and they are picking my son up today so i want to say something today so they can bring when they drop him off. plus im one of those people who are intimidated by the other fam

jenny2150

Asked by jenny2150 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask them to bring it when they come get him today. Or get off your butt and go get it yourself.
    dinkerstory

Answer by dinkerstory at 11:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Here's how I would word it: "Could you please bring over the stuff for my son when you bring him home? I would really appreciate it."
    Aoife1014

Answer by Aoife1014 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would tell them thank you for holding onto your things and wrapping them, that you have been so busy you nearly forgot about them, and then ask them if they can bring them over when they drop your son off so he can open them.. try to invite them inside as well so they can spend a little christmas cheer that they missed...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• just tell them you think there was a misunderstanding
    Anonymous