Be honest

If you had a c-section. How often was your baby in the nursery while you stayed in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I had two, and the only time either of them were in the nursery was when the Ped. need to check them out. Even then I grudginly let the nurses take them.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Never
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I BF so as often as possible. My husband was there so he took care of things. I would call the nurses in to change her if he wasn't there. I could not sleep the first few days, I was wired.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Never, not even once. They came in my room to do any tests.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My son was in the nursery most of the time but only because he had fluid in his lungs and had to be under a oxygen hood and get antibiotics.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 11:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I didn't have c section but the nurses acted like I was crazy because i wanted to keep my baby with me at night. I was very anemic and had an IV but I still didn't feel right letting my baby spend her first nights without her mom in the hands of strangers. I let them take her the first two nights but the third night i was like no way i am keeping her. The first night was not an option because I had her late at night and both of us were exhausted so I didn't have a choice. One of the nurses said it's free babysitting so take advantage of it while you can. I still don't feel right about letting them keep her the first couple nights.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 11:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My DS was in the NICU for 2 days. Otherwise he would have not left my room at all.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Okay, just because I think it's funny...

With my son, all of my nurses knew. He was the last baby they'd get to take to the nursery, and they'd wait until all the others were done so they could get him back quicker...LMBO! Loved my nurses.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• #1...hardly ever, but my husband stayed in the room with me almost the whole time. I was the only one in the ward so the baby just stayed at the nurse's station which was right outside my room (small town hospital).
    #2 and #3 ended up going to the nursery a few hours every night because the meds made me too drowsy to adequately take care of them. Actually that was usually just the first 2 nights. The other nights I was there they stayed with me because I didn't need as much pain medication.
    #4 I sent to the nursery every single night because I was in way too much pain (had an infection and it was horrible). Plus that hospital didn't "allow" rooming in with c-sections which was stupid. The other hospitals encouraged it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i didn't have a c-section, but all four of mine stayed with me in the room, they didn't go to the nursey at all
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008