Right hip pain during pregnancy?...

I have been having pain in my right hip, back, and leg. As soon as I got out of bed it was hurting. It hurt to walk or put any pressure on it and have any idea what's causing it and how to make it feel batter? I have tried tylenol & epsome salt baths.

MommyMJean

Asked by MommyMJean at 2:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its your hips seperating getting ready for childbirth. I never had that pain so i can't tell you how to get rid of it. I had to have my dd emergency c-section cause my hips never seperated.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 2:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• it could also be your syactic nerve getting pinch that could be causing this pain. depending on how far into your pregnancy it is its normal. I had it onlything that seemed to help me was to rock on my hands and knees which took some of the pressure off of it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Sounds normal to me, so I wouldn't worry. Not sure what to do to alieve the pain. Sorry. Good luck!!
    happymama110

Answer by happymama110 at 2:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• its normal, try laying on back and elavating legs on a wall or coutch helps reduce the swelling in the legs. also eat a lot of banannas the potasium in them helps w leg cramps a lot.
    Lil_Lost_Lenore

Answer by Lil_Lost_Lenore at 2:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Laying on the floor with your feet up in a chair helps a little. Sleep with a thick or firm pillow between your knees at night. Make sure you get plenty of fluids and take a tylenol if it is unbearable.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 2:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Sound like sciatica. I've had it with my pregnancies and when I wasn't pregnant. You may want to consider seeing a chiropractor or physical therapist.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I have the same thing going on with pain in my hips if I sit too long. It is quite painful. It isn't the syatic nerve. Be thankful you aren't feeling it in your feet. They hurt until they popped every time I had the pain.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Chiropractor! I'd bet anything your hip is out of place - I went to the chiropractor every 2 week when I was pregnant and it helped SOOOO much with all the aches & pains - even heartburn!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• A hip replacement would be the best option for you if the medications are not working anymore. The diseased arthritic joint will be replaced for you to move without no pain. Though because you are currently pregnant, you can wait until you have already delivered for you to undergo the surgery.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2012

• Its normal, i experience that before, probably because of your child position inside your womb. Just be careful though. Just have yourself check by your doctor from time to time. DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2012