help me!!!

i went shopping with the inlaws and went over their house afterwards and then straight to work...so i left my new stuff over there.. i baught sum toys and clothes for my son... they wrapped the stuff and put it under their christmas tree... and my son never ended up going over there on christmas.. i baught the stuff for my house though.. they still havent offered to drop the stuff off to me and its after christmas.. i begginning to believe they think i bought the stuff for my son to have over there... when really i just didnt have a way to get it to my house after we went shopping that day.. i want to ask for it back but i dont wanna sound rude or stingy.. what do i say?? i want my stuff back.. and they are picking my son up today so i want to say something today so they can bring when they drop him off. plus im one of those people who are intimidated by the other fam

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Holidays

• Just tell them, could be a small misunderstanding. It's your stuff anyway not theirs.

Anonymous

• You could just say your sorry for not picking getting the stuff sooner and give them a bag and ask if they'd mind dropping it off when they drop him off. Then thank them for doing you a favor...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• What i would do is, Be like "oh ( your sons name) (mind you in front of his granparents when they pick him up) Where this specific toy you know you left wrapped there.. Then when he says he doesnt have it be like omg that explains it i left it are gma and gpas and forgot all about them.. just act nonchalant about the whole things that your just a dummy for leaving them over there..
    and maybe for icing one the cake ask them if theyll let him open them when hes there and have him call you when he does, so they feel included also.. besides, they cant be that mad over you supposed "stupidity" and you are letting them enjoy seeing him open up gifts.. believe me i have to get creative, i feel the same way with my inlaws. It should work like a charm!
    0Aubreys0Mommy0

Answer by 0Aubreys0Mommy0 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• dont be intimadated, ask for your stuff, its belongs too you, you paid for it.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008