Ipod vs Tablet

I was going to get my child an ipod for xmas...then her grandparents told me they were thinking about getting her a tablet (one of the cheaper ones). I was wondering whats really the difference I know on ipod you can play games and "tilt it to move" can you do this on a tablet?? She will be using this mostly for games. Also she is getting a netbook I got on sale for 129 reg 379. So what one would you choose?

Whats the difference in them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Technology

• I would do the iPod. A tablet has way too much stuff for a kid...unless it's a teen. Tablets have full Internet access, calendars, and the cases aren't cheap! I own an IPad and love it. But not for a kid.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• How old is your daughter, getting a tablet and a netbook would be a bit much.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• she is 8 and very responsible she has had a ds since she was 3 and got another dsi xl when she was 6 and its still new looking she never dropped it. so does the tablet/ipad have the feature where you move it side to side to play games?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• So an iPod, tablet and a netbook for an eight year old? That's a little excessive.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I'd go with the Ipod - it is smaller and less expensive!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Ipod...she can do more with it. Netbooks are really only good for checking email.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2011