What do you think??

For those of you who live in Illinois Im sure you have heard about the new DUI law. If you haven't after the new year the law states that if you get pulled over for 1 DUI you have to put the breathalizer in your car to start the engine. What does everyone think about this?

Personally I think that they should put it in all new cars, so it prevents you from even getting that first DUI, but thats just my opinion.

wonderpetsmom

Asked by wonderpetsmom at 12:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i think that is awesome. they should do that in ohio.. and after the FIRST. ugh. i know to many morons that get slapped on the wrists when they should get jail time and more
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i dont live in illinois but i think this is a great idea! My husband was arrested for two DUI in about six months (totally wanted to kill him). Me and my husband actually had this conversation a few weeks ago about how we think they should be manditory in all vehicle it would really help with the DUI problem.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Its a good idea. The problem with DUI is that your judgment was impaired when you made the decision to drive.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree. I think they should be put in ALL vehicles!
    Bella0614

Answer by Bella0614 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Agreed, ALL vehicles. What a great idea.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 1:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Great idea!!!! Maybe we can prevent at least ONE drinking related death!
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 2:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I LOVE it! I wonder if they'd do that here???
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think it's a wonderful idea! It can be a standard item on all new cars. There's no excuse for the irresponsible drunk drivers.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008