How to handle others?

Im really stressing over a situations that happened this morning.
I watch my sisters girls while she works third shift. So in the morning my son usually gets up with the girls when there Mom comes to get them. The kids usually play for a few minutes and my sister and I visit. This morning was horrible. I have no idea what my son was reaching for, and all I saw was the reaction of my sister, but she threatened to break my sons hands.

I know this might sound silly so complain about but I dont believe in hitting children. I might tap my son on his bottom every once in a while but thats it. I have never hit her children or threatened to hit them.

Im really nervous and anxious about talking to her tonight. I know I need to say something but how do I go about it without it turning into a fight?

IfLoveWasBorn

Asked by IfLoveWasBorn at 2:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• She didn't tell you what had happened? How old is your son and the girl who he was reaching for? Sounds like he was reaching out to touch her private area or something? I'm not sure what you meant exactly..
    Juliebee81

Answer by Juliebee81 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yeah, what was your son doing? She had no right to hit him, but did she actually hit him? Just calmly tell her, you don't believe in physcial punishment and you extend that belief to her kids while they are there and you'd appreciate it if she would not lay her hands on your son in a negative way.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would simply ask her "What exactly happened this morning?" I also would talk to him before you talk with her to get both sides. After she explains I would simply tell her that you don't hit and tell her that you want her to respect that rule.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would just wait until the next time your all together and you hear her say something threatening and then politely tell her I really would rather you didn't talk like that around (son's name) cause we don't do that.
    countrymom

Answer by countrymom at 4:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I feel for you. Email her if you need to, if talking in person is not easy but I'd definately say something.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 5:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008