When are babys suppose to start rolling over

My baby is 3 1/2 yrs old and doesnt roll over yet. Aint they suppose to be doing that by now? Every once and a GREAT AWHILE he does.

Asked by Sweetbuttwiztid at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think you mean 3 1/2 months old. and just work with your baby. lay them on a blanket that had been layed out in a dimond shape and just pull one side of the blanket up a little bit at a time going from one side to the other. start slowly and work till you have them rolled over. this can be a fun game.

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 2:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son was about 3 1/2 -4 months when he started and his cousin who is 3 days older didn't start till he was 5-6 months, they are all different

Answer by prettyeyes412 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son started rolling over at 18 days old....they all differ immensly (sp)

Answer by mandahon3 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• now a days u have to keep baby on his back.when i had my children we were told keep them on their son started really fast-geez by 1 he had done it all and we had plenty of trips to the emergancy room 1 week he was on all 4's looking around by 2 monthes,a trooper at rolling over and being stuck on his 3 monthes doing the 5 monthes climbing stairs by 6 monthes jumping from 1 piece of furnature to another to get around, by 7 monthes a true on the other hand-my daughter-5 years older took her time with life in general.didnt even attempt to try to roll over until 5 monthes,and once stuck on her back never screamed to be rolled over,figured it out on her own by 6 monthes.never took her first step until she was 1 year and 2 weeks.every baby is different.when your baby is ready he will do it-thank GOD u have a calm child.believe me this will go very fast,before u know it he will be walking and talking.enjoy the peace while u can

Answer by ladylindasue at 3:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter (our 3rd child) could roll from belly to back at 4 months, yet she avoided actively rolling over until 6 months. Your son, as you said, "can" roll when he wants to move. Give him every chance to practice his skills with belly-time daily. I lay down on my tummy with my daughter and make goofy faces. Try to not worry, from the little information in your question your kiddo sounds like he is developing right on track! Maybe he likes to think before he acts? Of course, if you are still concerned about his development talk to his pediatrician at your next well-baby visit! Every child develops at their own pace, yes; and every mother deserves a little peace of mind!

Answer by DanicaMom at 4:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My ds started rolling back-to-tummy at 4 months and tummy-to-back a couple of weeks after that. We made sure to give him a lot of tummy time every day.

Answer by mama_manda at 11:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008