My urine is a dark yellow, like brown. what is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• Are you dehydrated?

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Dehydration is my first guess.

Something you ate is my second guess (food and/or drinks can change the color of your urine)

Does it have a strong odor, or burn when you pee? Cause a UTI is my 3rd guess.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It could be that i'm dehydrated, I havnt been drinking alot of water, just milk and juice and pop. It doesnt hurt to pee and I havent noticed a strong smell.
    Anonymous

• Probably dehydration, you need more water in your diet it sounds like, and since you are drinking the soda, since it is dark it may have something to do with your urine being darker than usual.

If you don't like drinking just plain water (I usually don't drink it either) drinking tea works really well, or throwing some Crystal Light into a bottle of water helps too.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Most likely dehydration.
    If it's almost brown you could have a bladder infection. Drink nothing but water (you can use the cyrstal light packets) for the next 24 hours and if it doesn't clear up, call the dr. Having a bladder infection for too long untreated can cause a kidney infection. Sadly bladder infections don't always hurt. Also if the more you start going since you'll be cleaning out your system, if it starts to hurt or burn, call. thats a sign too.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree. Drink more water

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would flush my system with more water or pure cranberry juice.This helps too.Could be a urine infection and yea they don't always hurt
    Anonymous

• Are you taking vitamins or any new pills?
    femomof3

Answer by femomof3 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008