What does implantation feel like?

Ok I am asking because I am 9dpo today and this morning I couldn't sleep because I had such a strong painfull cramp right in the middle of my lower abdomin. It doesn't hurt now that I am awake and active tho. Could it have been implantation or something else? I have never felt this.

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 12:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• usually it is a little bit of cramping then light bleeding, or just light bleeding. with me i didnt cramp but i had a little bit of light pink blood. be patient, wait for your period to come and if it doesnt take a test
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• id say its possible. i have 4 kids, and with all of them, (well not the first because i didnt know what to expect) i felt the implantation. it was just as you described, a sharp pain in various spots (not all the same places each time). so id say it def. could be!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't think there is any evidence that you can feel implantation. It is so small at that phase, it would be very difficult for your body to sense it. I definitely wouldn't worry about the pain but it probably wasn't the result of implantation. That's not to say that you couldn't be pregnant.
    We were ttc for over a year and each month I got more and more sensitive to every sensation I had, hoping it was a sign. When I finally did get pregnant, there were no physical signs until after I missed my period.
    I'd give it a few more days, try to hold out until your period date and then test. You never know!
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 1:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2008