What does implantation feel like?

Ok I am asking because I am 9dpo today and this morning I couldn't sleep because I had such a strong painfull cramp right in the middle of my lower abdomin. It doesn't hurt now that I am awake and active tho. Could it have been implantation or something else? I have never felt this.

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 12:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You can't feel implantation. Sometimes you get spotting
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• See, I don't get these questions. That sounds like you are ovulating. Implantation as far as I know and have heard has no feelings. Seriously. I don't understand the implantation bleeding, etc.. etc.. because in all my years, I have never heard of such a thing. I think people have way too much time on their hands. Here is the dealio: If you do not start your period next month, than Hey, you might be pregnant.
    Anonymous

• ok so I am cd 22 my af comes on the 6th so it's not ovulation
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• oh ya out of a 27 day cycle
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• "However, what a lot of people don't know is that sometimes that pain is actually implantation cramps and it means she is in fact pregnant! At some point between ovulation and when the next menstrual cycle is due to begin, if fertilization of the egg takes place, the zygote (recently fertilized egg) will attach itself to the wall of the uterus. The process often results in pain that is noticeable enough to induce comment."

http://www.crampshelp.com/implantation.html

So yeah, it could be implantation.  Then again, maybe not.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thank you Desert Diva I knew someone knew what I was talking about.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 1:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• With both of my pregnancies, I experienced implantation bleeding. It occurs about 10 days dpo, so too early to be a period. It's also much lighter than a period. As for feeling implantation, I got pregnant last October and was awakened from a dead sleep by a SEVERE cramp that lasted oh, maybe a few seconds, and then went away. I didn't think much of it until I found out a week later that I was pregnant. So, yes, I suppose it could be implantation. Good luck!
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am sorry that anonymous has to be so uneducated and post it to the forum.
    Your question is valid, her answer is not.
    My apologies that there are still such people who think their negativity is the focus and not the persons posted question.
    In regards to implantation bleeding, it is a possibility, wait until you test and go from there. Good luck!
    misterri

Answer by misterri at 4:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009