As a woman, a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, or a daughter.

Do sometimes feel the people in your life take you for granted? Do you sometimes feel insignificant to others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know if I necessarily feel taken for granted but I sometimes feel as if my worth is solely measured by the kind of mother/wife I am. I would like to sometimes be looked at as Megan first, not Mikey's wife or Blake and Mikey's mom. It's not that I don't adore my family I just would like to just be me sometimes.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• "Maybe I've been put on earth to be an ordinary person. Not to do anything great, but to do something small that involves great love." Favorite Quote

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Definately. I think it's a major drawback of being a woman. We get to feel guilt and shame, probably more so than a man. But we also have been blessed with so many emotions, as all of the above, we experience emotional swings. Not to fun. I know. I would like to know just how much men feel the above personally. I doubt much.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I do at times. I'm not a wall flower tho. I let my husband know anytime I REALLY start feeling that way. I tried holding it in for a long time and ended up pretty much having a breakdown a few years ago. You have to stand up for yourself and let people know they can't walk on you, or worse yet, ignore that you are a person....
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 1:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yepp.. to my mom.. she's a youth pastor and she puts church before her family.. and i hate it.HOWEVER i understand.. but i still hate it.. i can't ever get her to do anything with me because shes always with them dumb kids lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have been told, life is what you make it but the question is how do you do that?

Anonymous

• I do and as I get older, I realize that the reason I feel this way is because I've taught my family to treat me this way! I've always put myself last and so my family learned to put me last. So ladies...remember that you teach others how to treat you!!!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 1:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yes and when I allow it to happen I have to back up and regroup taking back control of my life and not allow it to continue. We are in control. Sometimes we allow others to take the wheel but need to remember we each are empowered to stand up and say "no". It's not always easy I know but to keep our self respect, it's a must.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• absolutely I feel like my SO takes everything I do around the house for granted. I don't know what he'd do if I wasn't around. And I feel like there's really nothing I can do about it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• yes
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008