how topotty train my minpin puppy

i just got a puppy,any 1 know how i can potty train her,she is 7 wks old

shirleyw

Asked by shirleyw at 12:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pets

• One: Know you're in for a long haul. This wont take just two days. Be prepared.
    Two: Invest in puppy training pads and tons of newspapers
    Three: Never never ever ever rub her nose into her mess or yell at her. We want the pup to respect you as pack leader, not fear you for harm.
    Four: Practice makes perfect, if you see her whinning or looking as if she has to go, pick her up and place her on her training pads.
    Five: Patience is virtue.

Wishing you the best of luck!
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• One thing oyu need to know is that breed is alot hard to potty train then some. I grew up with min pins and we got pretty lucky.... You need to take her outside or to a puppy pad every 2 hours, about 5-20mins after she eats or drinks, right after a nap, after play time.... Pretty much you will be out side more then in. I just got a puppy before x-mas I take her out about 10-15 times aday. We went from her peeing everywhere to her 80% trained.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Puppies tend to use the bathroom about 15 minutes after they eat, so make sure you take her outside about that time and make sure she goes. Take her outside often throughout the day and as soon as you see her use the bathroom give her a treat and praise her every time. If she has an accident in the house and you catch her in the act, tell her no, pick her up and take her outside as fast as possible. If you don't catch her and see the accident later, there is no use rubbing her nose in it or punishing her. She won't make the connection even though so many people think they do. You have to catch her in the act and tell her no for her to make the connection.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I got a new puppy for christmas as well. I don't know anything about this breed of dog. I would not recommend using puppy pads just take him/her outside as often as the other posts have suggested. Praise the dog when it does it's business Puppy pads let the pupppy know it is okay to pee inside and then you have to train them to not pee inside
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 9:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Take your puppy out every couple hours. Take your puppy out after eating food. When your puppy goes potty outside, always say, "Good girl/boy".
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Have fun with the potty training. I crate trained. I have 2 min pins and they are so stubborn to potty train. Be consistent when you take them out to potty. I had a puppy pad by the back door just in case of an accident.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009