Why am I bleeding after intercourse?

I've had an IUD for 5 years and here recently I started bleeding after my husband and I had intercourse. I ended my period about a week ago so I know it's not that and I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems or might know what to do. The bleeding is a bright red and when I use the restroom I can see it. Sort of like when you are on your period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• It could be numerous things you might be dry and intercourse is irritating you. Your IUD may have slipped, and that could cause some bleeding. Or it might even be a cyst which can cause some bleeding also. I think as it is bright red blood that means it is new blood. dark is old blood. but being new blood I would see your Dr. to rule out anything serious.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 11:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• this has happend to me many times and it freaks me out. i was thinking maybe it could be a scratch or maybe a little tear. im not too sure either
    Chaney08

Answer by Chaney08 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It could be a sign of an STD, particularly chlamydia, it could also be a tear and when you have intercourse it could be reopening the wound before it is properly healed.
    Anonymous