• In the Spotlight:

help! im sick 5 months prego

i know this might sound nasty but im sick with a sore throat and green mucus is coming from it, could this affect my baby and what can i take to get better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• by the way its just weird that im sick since i got my flu shot on the 23rd
    Anonymous

• im not sure what to take for medication ask your doctor, but make sure you get tons of fluids in you especialy being sick because the baby and you need to stay hydrated when sick and when not so drink juice and water to keep up your fluid intake
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Call your doctor & ask ...no medicine is deemed 100% safe during pregnancy but today nothing is deemed safe for a pregnant woman!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 1:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You should call your OB and let them know that you're sick and they may be able to lead you in the right direction. They may have you go see your primary care doctor, but you should definetly call your OB before you take anything. I agree with the post above. You need to make sure you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water and juice to make sure you don't get dehydrated. That and take it easy! Hope you feel better!
    Missybby2886

Answer by Missybby2886 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i was real sick too with my first pregnancy. i went to my regular family doctor and he looked into what was safe to take depending on how far along i was. Call your Dr. or pharmacy and they will give you a list of over the counter meds. I was 16wks and was able to take Theraflu!! but only certain kinds of Theraflu! i think it would still be best to get to a doctor just in case you need an antibiotic anyway!
    mccullough08

Answer by mccullough08 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• They told me that I can take tylenol, I catched a cold and my throat was hurting like hell..... What I did was a put to boil a small lemon cut in fourths and when it was like a tea I added some honey and drinked it... It help me throat get some relief. But for the cold I took once the tylenol and I'll take one more tonight. Good luck, but call you doctor just to make sure you can take that.
    Hope you feel better.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 1:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I know this may sound bad to some mothers but i dont get the flu short anymore bc every time i did i got super sick with the flu too. When the doctor asks me for the flu shot I remind her what happened the last 3 times when they gave it to me and how sick i got.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• its so weird flu shot was supposed to help me? i usually get sick once a year from cold but with the flu shot i got sick again probably because of it
    Anonymous

• Yep...flu shot is commonly blamed to cause sickness. Its useless.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• what i recommend you is to take a cup of chamomile tea with lemon and honey, also some ricola candies for the throat and coughing and drink also water warm not cold and it will help, just in case you feel headaches just take regular tylenol 325 mg
    Milindus

Answer by Milindus at 4:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008