i need an alcoholic dessert recipe!

i want to make something different tonight. i am the last one to bring something and i think that it would be a great idea. i definately don't have time to try searching for a good recipe. help please!

treefroggreen

Asked by treefroggreen at 1:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Food & Drink

• google alcoholic desserts and go to the third one down it had alot of desserts on there. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Do you mean you need to have alcohol in the dessert? You could make rum eggnog cordial cups. A lot of stores sell the empty chocolate cups now..just get storebought eggnog and spike it with dark rum and fill the cups. Chill until ready to serve.

You could also make tiramisu, which is far easier to make than it looks and never fails to impress. You can add the liqueur of your choice...most folks prefer kahlua but I like Starbucks liqueur better...less sweet and more coffee flavor. Or you can add brandy, rum, irish cream, whatever.

Here is a recipe with pictures for tiramisu.

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/search/label/tiramisu

Good luck, and have fun! Happy New Year!

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I love to make Bailey's Irish Creme or Kaluha (sp?) dark choc. truffles. They are a hit at every party I go to and are requests as a gift for adults. They are easy to make and don't require alot of time. Google the recipes. It shouldn't take more than dark choc. (or reg.) chips, real whipping cream, and maybe butter and then of course, the flavor you want them to be. You'll melt down the chips, add the milk and the rest and then put in the fridge to harden. Then later, scoop it out with a small spoon and roll in your palm quickly with powdered sugar or even just plain cocoa.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• continued...You don't have to put them in little foil things, I just put mine in a nice dessert bowl or tray and they get eat right up. They are YUMMY!
    Of course, the next suggestion is Irish Bread pudding with whiskey sauce, another request that our family has often. The sauce is real butter and whiskey. OMG, its soo delectable. You'll have to google that one too. :) Let us know what you make!
    lifeasinoit

• get some chocolate dessert cups or puff pastry. You can cut small rounds out of the puff pastry with a sharp cutter or use cookie cutters. bake and pop the top off after it cools. Fill with a really good ice cream and top with Godiva Chocolate liquor or creme de menthe. put the top on a slant and dust with powdered sugar and garnish with a mint sprig and fresh fruit if you like.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I make chocolate rum cake by replacing 1/2 the water in a cake recipe with rum. Yummy and easy if you still have time!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Maureen55 that sounds YUMMY! I think I'm going to try that.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'd say a nice bottle of Reisling and a box of oreos!!! JK. Why add the alcohol to the dessert; just drink it!! Sorry I had too. The other posts had good answer though.
    Anonymous