Can the color of your menstural cycle indicate how healthy you are?

I was wondering if the color of your menstural can indicate how healthy youare. Such as if your menstural is bright red does that mean there's a lack of iron ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• Nope. Not at all.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't know about this one.Any doctors/nurses out there.I have experienced heavier periods more than at other times.Also some seem to last only 3-4 days and some up to 6.Also some with really large clots too that are bright red and dark stringy type blood.One time I had a miscarriage and didn't know as I just kept bleeding and had to go the hospital and have a D&C to clear the rest.My periods aren't on a regular schedule and haven't been in years..
    Anonymous