Is is possible to get pregnant at 46 years of age? I still have regular periods but have been trying for almost a year now with no success.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes ma'am. As long as you haven't gone thru the change anything is possible. Hey, look at Angelina.. How about twins?! LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• OMG, yes! My sister has a friend that is 50 and her last baby is only 2 years or so. :) Happy conceiving! :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• fourty six?! wow. you'd be 64 when they graduated highschool =\
    Anonymous

• I would go to the doctor and ask for help. :o)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Of course, this woman has a dozen or so other children, too. I do have a theory that leans toward the fact that those who have been using their reproductive organs regularly since an early age, are far more likely to conceive at an older age, LOL. It just seems harder for those who are older that haven't birthed, to get preg. Just a theory tho. I'm 49 and I took care of that years ago. I haven't had a period in a couple of years, so I'm supposing i'm on the backside of menopause. Hopefully? hehehe

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My had me at 42. Possible if not try adopting or being a foster parent. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, it is possible. However, you would be at greater risks for complications/birth defects but as long as you are willing to accept those risks, then I would say go see a fertility specialist!!!

Good luck!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The eggs that are left may not be any good. 46 is pretty old to have a baby but that's your choice. go have your eggs checked to see if they're ok.
    Anonymous

• Please see an RE reproduct. endocrinologist (fertility spec.). They CAN help you. Keep in mind, what I was told was determine when your mother started menopause and go back 10yrs. Mine started at 50, so I had to hurry w/an RE at 40 and in the nick of time. My periods were getting minimal. My family history had no one conceive over 40. except for dads mom.
    Anonymous

• We all hear of celebrities getting pregnant in their 40's. What they don't tell you is they almost always use donor eggs. I'd talk to a specialist to see what else you can do to boost your chances. And decide how much you want a baby of your own blood versus a baby.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008