Fun way to tell hubby?

I just took a test and found out I am pregnant. I am about 4 or 5 weeks. I want a fun way to tell my husband since this is a BIG surprise. We were told I couldn't have any more, so we weren't trying, but also not exactly being very careful. He knew I was late on my period, but no that I was testing today. How can I tell him? I am not sure if we should tell the kids yet (ages 12 and 5) HELP!!!! I have about 4 hours to figure it all out!

Amy_M

Asked by Amy_M at 12:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i took a picture of the test and framed it. I then placed the framed photo on his keyboard.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• or cook dinner with all baby word in it lol like baby back ribs baby carrots and what have you n ask your hubby if he notices anything weird bout dinner....
    lovefrogz

Answer by lovefrogz at 1:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Take him into the room the baby will move into and ask him where he thinks crib would go best.

That is how i told my mom the first time. She was all like..."Crib, you don't have a crib...a crib...a CRIB! OH MY GOD...A CRIBBBBBB!" Then she started crying and jumping up and down and hugging me. It is my favorite memory as an adult.

Congratulations... happy surprising the new daddy!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I would buy a little yellow or green onsesie to give him ..OR if you dont tell him today.. id get ur other two kids tshirts that say big brother/sister.. maybe give them each a little gift.. his is a framed pisture of the test & a onesie.. and the kids find out each with a big brother/sister tshirt?? just ideas. CONGRATS!
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Cute idea! I was thinking about taking a pic and putting it as the screen saver on the laptop!
    Amy_M

Comment by Amy_M (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• id go with the idea of taking a pic of the test... put it somewhere unexpected...
    or even idk do something super grand and over the top like how someone said cook dinner... drop little hints and see if he picks up... o you could be super insane and bake a cake with that on it. that'd be kind of cool
    khaliab19

Answer by khaliab19 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• You can cook him a dinner and have baby carrots, baby shrimp lol any kid of "baby" food and if he doesn't figure it out ask him does he see a theme with his dinner lol if not then give him a card with the test taped inside! Good luck
    ttc2bmommy1

Answer by ttc2bmommy1 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• if you have another child have him or her wear a shirt that says i'm going to be a big sister or brother. i just got a plain tee and fabric paint. i wanted to get fortune cookies that said your going to be a daddy but i was too cheap to spring for it. if you don't have other kids then get yourself a plain tee and write baby in oven and see if he gets it...it might take him longer then expected.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I bought my BD a package of diaper and wrapped it in plain white wrapping paper, at first he looked a little dumb, but once it hit him he was surprised
    aNat2011

Answer by aNat2011 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2011