how do i teach my son to stay off the dishwasher??

Whenever he hears it OPEN he comes crawling as fast as he can. He still doesn't fully understand no i tell him no but he just comes back. ughh

hes 9mths

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He does understand "no." And he is not too young to spank. It is the quickest most effective way to teach him that you are the person in authority over him, and it probably won't take over two or three times to stop him from doing it. If you want to test him, the next time he comes running, tell him "no" and move him away. Then watch his eyes and see where they go before he comes crawling on the door again. Children are very wise, and the earlier you establish your authority in your home, the more peaceful will be your life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you figure it out let me know! My girls are 2 and come running every time it is open so they can 'help' me!
    KerriS

Answer by KerriS at 1:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Keep saying "no" and moving him away. Eventually he will learn! Trying to re-direct him to do something else can be a big help. Pull out a couple pots and pans and a wooden spoons.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008