what is the age appropriate to tell kids about santa?

like if you have 2 kids ages 10 and 6 and you think the 10 yr. old pretty much knows just hasn't said but you really don't want your 6 yr.old to know just yet, do you secretly tell the oldest and just keep it a secret from the youngest or just wait altogether?

beverly619

Asked by beverly619 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Holidays

• 4 yr old no worries, 8 yr old starting to ask questions, i think this is the last time for her
    my2girls0004

Answer by my2girls0004 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't believe in "telling". I plan to just let my kids figure it out. My oldest is 8 1/2 and I think she realizes the idea of Santa is kind of silly but hasn't come out and said she doesn't believe in it yet. If she asks I'll tell her the truth but until that day I plan to play along.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My son is 8 and my daughter is 6. I think this past Christmas was my son's last time. He questions me and says he hears its "Mom and Dad" and not Santa. I said, How sad there are kids saying that? something like that. He asked me if I believe in Santa and I said I truly believe in the spirit of Santa, and I promised (I do) and he was good with that. but, come this December, he will probably figure it out. My daughter is clueless and he would never tell her.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009