Do you think you were meant to be a single mom?

I met my SO about 2 weeks before I got pregnant. We were both just out of bad relationships and didn't plan on being together. Obviously that all changed, but a lot of times I really think I'd be happier as a single mom. Does anyone else feel that way sometimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• me leaving my kids father was alittle more to it relationship wise (we were together 4 yrs and he decided to start hitting me) but anyhow i had to move back with my parents which sucked big time but i did it it has been hard on my own but now i am with the man that i am 100% sure that i was ment to be with, maybe you need to sit down with him (where as it isnt a case of abuse) and talk it out and tell him how you feel, make it clear you care about him and you always will and whether you guys are together or not you want him involved with the child and you may be surprised to find he feels the same way, or you may break his heart but either way i hate to say it like this but if you dont put you first once and awhile who's going to?
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I felt that way a few days after I brought my daughter home.. he never helped with anything when it came to the care of our daughter... which is why I am now a single mom.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• the real question is.. how do I get over feeling this way or make up my mind and just leave?? I cant do it on my own right now and i do care about him.. I really just dont think i was meant to be with THIS guy
    Anonymous

• I found it much easier to be a single mom. I had 3 kids and dh was like having a 4th that was so stressful I couldn't function well. Once he was gone our lives were fine. Just tell him you like him but this isn't working for you. You could even still date him but just not live with him. I wouldn't live with another man again for love nor money. They get on my last nerve but I need SO so I let him enter my realm as long as he behaves! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• God, no! When I was little I would imagine myself as a single working mom but as a married pregnant lady now, I wonder what the hell I was thinking! My sister has been a single mom for over 4 yrs. and it does not look like fun, it looks horribly stressful. I have single, childless friends who romanticize the notion, but it seems way too hard, plus I do think there's value in having a parent of each sex to set a good example for a child. However, I have also known women whose husbands behave like children and I often think they might be better off not taking care of a full-grown adult.
    Anonymous

• I was a single mom for the first year and a half of my oldest son's life. It was tough from time to time but I sometimes feel as if we were better off financially and I didn't have to answer to anyone about my methods of parenting. I love my husband and my younger son tremendously and although I sometimes feel that it may be easier I realize that anything done without effort isn't really worth having in the long run.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I just became one yesterday, and I already feel better!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a worthless piece of crap and we are so much better off without him! Maybe I wasn't ment to be a single mom, but I wasn't ment to be with him!
    Anonymous