Name vs name???

okay so I first had a girls name picked out which was Madison...but then I found out I have a few cousins with that name and I wanna choose something different since that name is already in the family more than 5 times so I was looking more at the name Madeline. I'm stuck between the 2 names because 1.)my mother-in-law loves the name Madison because of some of the history to it and she is already calling the baby a Madison but on the other hand I'm really starting to like the name Madeline. Which name do you think?

Gazzerz

Asked by Gazzerz at 1:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Baby Names

• Madeline. Madison is a street name where I come from and its been beaten to death in my opinion.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I like them both, but if I had to choose.. ♥MaDiSoN♥

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Madeline
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• How often do you see the other Madison's?

I have always liked the name Madison Nicole.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Madigan ismy fav girl name and was gonna be my 2nd's name.........but I had twin boys instead. I do like Madeline though, it's not as frequently used as Madison. There's also Madalyn.....
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• PUKE @ madison! i swear 1 in 4 little girls in my son's school is named madison! madeline is much better. as for your MIL you could just call the baby maddy and maybe she won't ask lol
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 1:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I always loved Madeline. I almost named my daughter that, but I thought it was getting too popular. Then you can collect the Madeline books! "12 little girls in 2 straight lines..."
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Madeline because it is your baby and what you like. My dd was almost named Anne Marie. I always liked the name a little, didnt love it, but liked it. My mil went around telling everyone that was my baby's name and how she LOOVVVED it because she knew someone with that name and went on and on. Just bc of that I changed my dd's name. I wanted to love the name, and didnt appreciate her trying to tell everyone what my kids name would be, for any reason.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• I have to agree w/ bestmommyeber on this one -- There are 3 Madison's in my daughters class.. Her name is Mackenzie so not an issue for me but we've agreed on Matilyn for our next if it's a girl.. The spelling is just my personal choice it looks more the way it sounds I think than Madeline but a beautiful name none the less!! Good luck.
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Well I changed my sons name after I picked it out and was telling people. I was just like oh yeah his name is going to be..... instead of..... So if you and your husband like Madeline go with that one.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2011