why r some of us women so dang jealous hearted?

alright ladies... need some feed back here. i just want to know- why in the world are some women soooo jealous of the next woman. me personally.... i love to see the next person strive and do well in life. but some people are not like that. ive always been the outgoing- life of the party type, and i count my blessings everyday. but i see so much negativety among womenand each other; its ridiculous. and i feel that it all lies in how secure u r with urself. and ur comfort level of being around a more attractive, more established woman. im like this...if ur that type then- step ur game up and stop hating on the next woman.... gimme feedback ladies.

spicymama.sc

Asked by spicymama.sc at 1:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I feel how u do, I mean life is hard enough w/o being attacked by another person kwim? I don't know why some people have to put others accomplishments down in order to feel better about themselves. It's a mystery to me.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I see it among alot of people not just women. I dont know what happened to our society but I do remember seeing people who were successful and thinking wow you know I want to be like that. Now more often then not I see people automatically jealous, or making those more successful then they are out to be villains. Its sad really. You know this country was built on the premise each generation would leave something better for the next one. I know we work hard, save money and have nice things. It doesnt mean I am rich or better then anyone else, but when someone automatically is negative about it then thats a turn off to me about that person. And just a note, negativity breeds negativity. Being mean & hateful to others will just bring that back to your own front door.

Answer by gemgem at 2:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have yet to understand why some women are like that. I am happy when I see another female accomplishing something. It just helps me to strive to become even more successful myself!

Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• When I was a young woman I read somewhere to never be jealous of others bc you never know what their life is like past what you see. My kids always wanted the material things other kids had. They would always throw it up in my face that the parents were rich to which I retorted "not necessarily. They may just be in debt". I chose to provide my kids with necessities rather than luxuries. They could get a job and buy whatever else they wanted in life. If ppl would take that jealous energy and apply it to obtaining the goal they see others have then they might have it as well and not have to be jealous. Jealousy is a dangerous thing and can eat you up from within.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I wonder that too. I absolutely hate when people say "oh, she's just acting that way because she's jealous' because I think a lof of time that's not really true and indicates that all women are jealous bitches, but I had a recent falling out with a good friend and the absolute only explanation over her behavior was that she was jealous. I read a lot of articles about 'toxic friends' and one said that some women befriend 'competitors' in order to keep a close eye on them! This girl was wicked jealous of everything about my life and chose to make me feel inferior even tho. it was really just a projection of herself. I have since vowed to drop any friend who isn't there for me 100% and to make sure I check myself as well.
    Anonymous

• im always excited for others when they are doing good for then selves. its too bad some people always have something negative to say.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i must admit a can get jealous at times but a lot of it has to do with my own self esteem. i am can be happy for others but i think about how i could have done better with myself.
    Anonymous