How many of you call your in-laws mom and dad? Only for those who like their in-laws!!

I always remember my mom calling my dads parents mom and dad.. But now that I'm married I can't imagine calling them that. Dont get me wrong, I love them!! They are great!! Maybe because my mom just died and I couldnt ever call anyone else mom. I was just curious if this trend died with the ages. No in'law bashing.. obviously if you dont like them, you wouldn't call them mom and dad.

teach2ndgrade

Asked by teach2ndgrade at 1:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I would also feel weird calling them mom & dad. I have always thought it sounded kinda strange when people did it.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I called them by their first name. They were not my mom and dad so I wasn't about to call them that and I liked them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I like them but I wouldnt call them mom and dad weird to me I even have problems calling my step mom mom.
    mommyjof2

Answer by mommyjof2 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Good question LOL ...I love my inlaws but would feel so weird calling them mom & dad. I guess what else makes it weird is my sil calls them mom & dad (she is with their son) She has been in the family obviously much longer than I have (7yrs) ...I've been in the family 3 yrs but that also makes it weirder for me.... bc when we are conversing she refers to them as mom and dad and I say there names ...and it's idk it's just weird.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 1:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Sometimes I do...or I call her 'Mommy-in-law' just to be funny...she calls me 'daughter-in-law' back. Most of the time I just call her Betty Sue.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 2:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I get along very well with the in-laws but the thought of calling them 'mom' and 'dad' creeps me out. I think it would creep out my brothers and sister-in law too. The funny thing is that I look like my mother-in-law, and when we go out together people think she's my mom!
    Anonymous

• Oh, meant to say, I LOVE my MIL! She is seriously the best MIL in the world and I thank her all the time for being such a good MIL. Like when I read posts on here about awful MILs...I will call her and say 'Just wanted to call and say thanks for being such a good MIL and not making my life hell.' She just laughs and says 'You're welcome, dear!'
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 2:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I love my MIL, but I can't call her Mom. When my DH was still living, he called my mom - mom. He was comfortable with doing it, and it wasn't a big deal, and didn't seem strange. I don't think anyone has thought I'm uptight because I still call my MIL by her first name. She has told me many times I'm her daughter, but has never asked me to call her Mom. My guess is she figures I'd do it if I were comfortable with it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would NEVER in a million years call my inlaws mom or dad....
    Aubreysmommy1

Answer by Aubreysmommy1 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I love my FIL/SMIL dearly but to call them Mom and Dad - is just really weird to me - samething with my SMom - I don't think I could call her Mom. I've only got one 'Mom & Dad' and would like to keep it that way :)
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2008