Would you say this is labor?

i have been having steady but very short strong contractions (like 15 secs). it's been several hrs though and nothing is progressing. although i do think this means i'm in labor....or am i wrong? what do you think?

I'm going to walk my three dogs and hope tings progress.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be early labor. Have to wait and see if active labor follows to know for sure. Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• You could be in beginning stages of labor for days sometimes even weeks... your body may be getting ready but I wouldn't go running to the ER just yet.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Sounds like that end is getting close to me, time them to see how often they come....good luck! maybe walking will speed up the process...

Answer by older at 2:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Yes, it sounds like early labor. You'll need to start timing if they start getting closer together & lasting longer.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• keep timing them
    NaniMami317

Answer by NaniMami317 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• sounds like early labor. I would just keep walking and try to keep them coming and progressing. Keep track, when they get stronger, more painful, and closer together.. its time! good luck & congrats!
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• sounds like you are ready to go into labor or early labor your body is getting ready for the process of it... keep track of them because you never know you may be ready sooner than later. congrats :)
    khaliab19

Answer by khaliab19 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2011