Whats a good punishment for a slacking 12 year old?

She like the rest of her siblings were told to clean their bedrooms...NONE of them did the 3 younger ones were easy we took away their favorite toy my 12 year old however has no toys
So whats a fair punishment or something that would be taken away?

momand4kids

Asked by momand4kids at 2:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• They way to let kids have their rooms and jsut shut the door. As long as she picks up her stuff in the rest of the house, and doesn't have food and drinks in there-I'd probably let it be, they do have to give me their laundry once a week thoughUNLESS we are going to have company, or she wants a sleep-over or something-in which case I'd have her pick it up before she's allowed to hang out with her friends.
    My kids were HORRIBLE with cleaning at that age...they are a lot better now- but I still ignore the mess they do have most of the time as long as it's IN their rooms
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• computer time, cell phone, going out with her friends... anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Take away something else they enoy, TV, Internet, Playing outside, going somewhere over the weekend etc.

Answer by gemgem at 2:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• We let the kids be in charge of their own room once they were this age. No food or drink of any kind was allowed in there, they had to have their laundry in the hamper by a certain day if they wanted it cleaned (plenty do their own laundry by then also), and the rest was up to them. We never allowed sleepovers if the room was a mess. Every once in awhile I would find them cleaning the room on their own. If the parents are neat and tidy in the rest of the house that rubs off on the kids. Now another way is to say absolutely nothing fun, no computer time, etc until the room is clean. GL!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• TV time, Computer time, Cell phone, Any social activities this week, iPod, Stereo, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• * that should start with They SAY to let...
    charlotsomtimes

• Two choices, Clean it for him and whatever is on the floor gets taken away or close the door. As long as there is NO food in the bedroom, I ignore the mess. It's my sons choice if he wants to live in a pig pen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Oh and if she wants clean clothes, SHE has to bring them to the laundry area or no clean clothes unless she does them herself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• Take away the cell phone, computer, tv, ipod, friends, etc...

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2011