i've been trying to call timewarner all day.. do you think they have their phones shut off or isthere just that many people calling??

i want to find out if they will be getting these channels back evenutally or not because i am not going to pay for cable when half the channels i actually do watch we won't even get!!! ugh how lame

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Entertainment

• It is past midnight where I am and South Park is still on so Viacom and Time Warner(my cable provider) must of gotten their act together.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 12:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Could it be that they are closed for the Holiday = New Years Eve ????... thats why no one is answering!
    Anonymous

• They are being flooded with calls. It'll be only two-three days that these channels will be off the air. No worries. :D
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i personally don't know anyone who has new years eve off. and i highly doubt a big cable company would have it off
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• they are probley flooded with calls right now. but i really think the channels wont be gone for long. if they are, TW knows they are about to lose alot of customers.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i went to the TWC internet site. It states that MTV which owns those stations are trying to triple the price for them which in turn would make us may many many millions more per year.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have new years eve off.... :0 So does hubby and so does my girlfriend who works for microsoft but is over here visiting us...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I figure they are flooded with calls since the MTV owners decided to put that number and all up on the TV TODAY. I never heard of or even guessed this until today. I personally think it's very underhanded and rude of them to do it "last minute" like this.

I'm not saying I agree that they should be turned off, but I also looked at the Time Warner Page. I agree that both parties are spinning it their own way, but I really don't agree with MTV blasting this information at us the very last day of the negotiations. I think it's underhanded and rude. I hope TWC wont back down on them if they are indeed trying to raise the rates by triple.

Though... that "millions" of dollars is in fact divided up amongst the millions of customers, so I doubt it would be an "enormous" rate hike down to the individual customer, I just don't think it's right to try to charge them 3 X the amount they are currently paying.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I understand Viacom is behind the removal of the channels even if it is temporary but Does anyone know if Time Warner is going to be offering or providing ANY discount or credit for the loss of service?
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I just got through and they say Viacom is trying to charge $39 million (3 times the current rate)and they are in negotiations.And if negotiations are not reached in time (midnight 12/31/08) Time warner customers will be given a credit for time off air.

Viacom 212-258-6000 they are closed for the day but you are encouraged to call when they are open and request your favorite channels be put back on the air. Maybe if enough of us moms throw a fit they will stop the greediness and leave the channels alone I mean Viacom has got to be making enough money off dvd sales, toys, and other merchandise already leave our tvs alone!
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008