autism question.

if you have a child with autism, when did you find out? and when does it usually show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I knew something wasnt right when he was around 3 and wasnt speaking the way other kids his age were. But I was told speech delay was more common with boys so nothing was done. When he went to headstart he also wasnt learning the way I thought other kids did, including his older sibs, we actually got diagnosis done when he was in kindergarten. Your best bet is to research it, keep a log of behaviors, and see a child psych along with his pediatrician and see what they say,.

Answer by gemgem at 2:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have twins with autism, I knew something was not right with Cassie at 2,. both got the diagnosis right before thier 3rd birthday
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• how can you tell? what did they do that told you?
    Anonymous

• With Cassie it was many things, no language, no eye contact, she would sit in the corner flipping through a phone book, would not respond to name, no affection, would melt down for no apparant reason, etc....
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008