I am currently 5 weeks pregnant... help please

I have 1 daughter, and just had 1 miscarriage this past April. We are currently 5 weeks pregnant again and I just went to the bathroom and noticed a SMALL string of blood. It was only this one time so far, and I haven't been cramping or anything that really goes along with a miscarriage. Is this normal.... could it just be an early part of my pregnancy?? (*It was a VERY SMALL faint line of blood*) Please help!! Thank you

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is not abnormal. I had spotting during my pregnancy. If you have cramping or it gets heavier then I'd be worried. But for now, try not to stress b/c that's not good for your little bean. Mention it at your next appointment.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• your probably fine but i would continue to watch and take it easy. small spots of blood can be quite normal but if it gets heavier i would call the doc ASAP.Good Luck!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 2:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would call your doc. It could be nothing but my OB always told me to call if I noticed any blood. Good luck, I"m sure you're fine.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't worry about it unless you get cramps. and even then it doesn'tmean your having another miscarriage. i had cramps and bled heavily when i was pregnant with my son
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The only suggestion i have would be to go to the ER asap
    christi509

Answer by christi509 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I bled at 4 months but i had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and because of that i went straight to the hospital bc i was scared i was having another one. They gave me an ultra sound and I seen the heart beat on the screen. That eased my mind. I took it easy and I 'm 32 weeks pregnant now. I would go to the doctor or hospital anyway even though they might not be able to do anything just so you can feel better
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 2:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My first pregnancy I spotted a little and have a VERY healthy girl, BUT becuase you have a history I would be more worried. If it gets any heavier or doesnt stop or you start cramping I would go to the doc immidiately! Good luck hon!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i have had two misscariages and i am currently pregnant again. i remember with the last loss i only had a little blood and then boom it happend the baby died. I would go in and get it checked out.
    Anonymous

• I understand how scary it is. Everything about a pregnancy after a miscarriage seems like it might be the sign of another miscarriage, and it just makes you crazy with worry. If your doctor's office is open today, you should give them a call if for no other reason than to get a little reassurance. Definitely call your doctor or go to the ER if you have increased bleeding or cramping. I wish you the best.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008