My skin gets red and bumpy after waxing. WHY?

After getting my eyebrows and lip waxed my skin gets extremely red and bump and hurts so bad! Why does it do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• you mite be allergic to the was.. you could try hypoallerginic wax maybe that will help.. or you could jus have sensitive skin
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 8:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Try using a moisturizer after waxing this will help to restore some of the skin's moisture. And I agree with the first answer try using a different type of wax. I'm sure that they sell different types of wax for different skin types.
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 9:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• the wax might be too hot. but like the others said it could be an allergic rection.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• try wax for sensetive skin and use cooling gel after
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Sensitivity to the wax. Make sure they apply talc on before waxing to help, then they should use a cooling gel with mint to reduce redness.
    MissMamaAshley

Answer by MissMamaAshley at 11:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009