Bloody boogers

Can bloody boogers mean something other than sinus infection?? My DS gets a lot of ear infections and he has had one diagnosed sinus infection. He is 20 months old. He just stopped a round of Amoxicilin for an ear infection, but now he has some bloody boogers. Wouldn't the Amoxicilin have kicked any sinus infection as well? Also.. His pedi just keeps giving him medication for his ears, but nothing helps. Why won't his ear's just get better???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bloody boogers also can mean a very dry nose/ nasal cavity, or highly irritated one... so it may not be an infection but maybe a reaction to an air conditioner or dust, or air that is too dry for him... i know its the air conditioner in my case... i also cant breathe through my nose if i am in a closed room for too long with one running
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 8:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2011

• My doc has always said "red is nothing to worry about. We worry more about green or yellow. Red just means it's dry and irritated." Unless you are seeing big clots or bleeding that won't stop it's most likely just dry from being runny or from the change of season or irritation.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2011