If you deliver by waterbirth, are you left floating in a pool of your own bloody whatnot after delivery?

Do they change the water or something after the baby is born? When I have my first daughter, I labored in a bathtub, got out to deliver, and then got back in the tub to wash off. I'm just wondering how I will clean off after delivery if the water is dirty.

Mamagutierrez

Asked by Mamagutierrez at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• once you deliver you sit there a few min....then you get out shower change and get into a bed, at least thats how its done at our hospital
    laneanwalkermom

Answer by laneanwalkermom at 3:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I resently had a waterbirth and normally the water doesn't get that nasty. However my plasenta seperated and cause some bleeding. I was able to still relax for a few mins in the water then get into bed. A few hours later I was able to take a shower. Oh and FYI it couldn't have been to bad because my weak stomached husband was in the tub with me the whole time. I hope this helps

ACWatson

Answer by ACWatson at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008