I want to learn how to knitt

Where can I go to get a beginners kit for knitting. I already ordered the books but would like to also order the needles and yarn to begin. Any suggestions.

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We also have a learn to knit club at our main public library where knitters volunteer their time each week to halp you learn or figure out a knitting problem for those more advanced. Call your library and see if they have such a thing where you live
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 8:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• walmart. hobby lobby. .... there are alot of places to go..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• the "I taught Myself to Knit" kit from walmart is awesome! I learned from it when I was 8 so that should give you an estimate of it's skill level needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• http://www.lionbrand.com are a lovely website with "learn to knit and crochet" pages and even lots of free patterns for you to practice on once you "get good"

They deliver yarn, needles and anything else you might need (eg toy stuffing)  You have to register to use the website but you don't have to order to get the freebees.

And no, I don't get anything for sending you

Eddy_G

Answer by Eddy_G at 6:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• lol thank you eddy g
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• go to www.talkingcrochet.com and do a search on knitting
    ksqueen

Answer by ksqueen at 10:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You can also buy supplies on Ebay or Etsy. Most everywhere theres a Walmart where you can buy knitting needles and worsted weight yarn,etc.
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 7:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2009