I want to learn how to knitt

Where can I go to get a beginners kit for knitting. I already ordered the books but would like to also order the needles and yarn to begin. Any suggestions.

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's best to have someone teach you in person. I went to my local Michael's store and this girl showed me how to crochet in about 10 mins. It went way faster than when I was trying to teach myself from books. Also, youtube videos really help too.
    Anonymous

• I don't know where you live but Hobby Lobby and Michaels both have beginners knitting kits. It is alot easier to learn if you had someone that knew how to do it and could show you.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 2:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I used to live near Hobby Lobby LOVE that place...they do not have that store here on the East Coast...but if you do live near one go there...that place is awesome..
    I got a beginner book.....little baby steps for me...and the woman helped me with all my supplies that I needed....actually made a nice thick scarf...it is fun...good luck...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008