Help

My 12m old daughter went to get shots yesterday. They gave her SIX shots SIX different shots. they never gave her any when she wass 9 m. She has a red rash under where they stuck her on each thigh. And it is VERY tender for me to touch she cant stand without crying. I put a call into the DR but I have to wait for them to call me back. My sisters both said they think its an allergic reaction.

My questions are.
Could it be an allergic reaction?
And wasnt that to many shots for her to have at one time?

Oh and they didnt give me any papers on wht shots she got either. This is a new DRs office then we are used to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• SOunds normal to me , aside from 6 shots , thats alot for one visit .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, that is too many shots at one time. Please research selectively/delaying vaccinations for your child. I am a member of a great group "Choosing Not to Vaccinate" and there are lots of mamas on there who selectively or delay vaxxs for their children. You can also get some great info on what is inside the vaccines you give your child, and the possible harmful effects on the body.

The immune system is not made to handle so many viruses introduced into the body at once. Please keep a close eye on your DD, as she could have some very serious effects from recieving so many vaxxs at once.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• At my doctors office they usually do 4 shots at a time ...and for me that is way too many so we space them out. I can't imagine 6 shots ...WOW! I can't help w/ an allergic reaction bc my daughter has not had one yet ...but that's good that you called the dr....let us know what they say. Also ask which shots she got ...the best thing to do is to research before going to the doctor. Today there is A LOT of controversy on vaccines so look it up on the internet or there are many good books out today ...I am not against vaccines and I do believe my daughter needs them just much more spaced out. I don't know how her little body can handle all of that at one time. xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If she is behind in her shots then she needs to be caught up. It sounds just like a local reaction. Give her some tylenol and try to keep her off her feet until you hear from the doctor.

I always give my kids tylenol before their shots and then for about a day or so after. It won't stop any allergic reaction but it helps with the discomfort somewhat.

I am sure the doctor wouldn't just give her a bunch of shots just for the hell of it. S/he would know what is the right thing to do, I am sure. "Chosing not to vaccinate" is an easy way to get your kids taken by CPS and have a medical neglect charge on you.

pamkay414

Answer by pamkay414 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008