How to get rid of cellulite and excess skin after losing weight?

Yeah I guess its kinda a gross question. I was once really really fat but I have lost a lot of weight. The cellulite and saggy skin kinda make me wish I hadn't lost the weight. How do I reclaim my body and get it looking good?

Not sure if this will be important but I'm a vegan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I am not sure about cellulite..Excess skin requires surgical removal through plastic surgery..There is not a way to lose excess skin on your own unfortunately..Don't feel bad as you are not alone.. I have worked in a Plastic Surgery office for many years and so many patients are seen for this issue after weight loss!! It is not covered by insurance all of the time, but if the excess skin is causing rashes, there is a chance that insurance may cover a portion of the surgery needed..Congratulations for losing weight! and good luck!
    Anonymous

• those foot pads- have you heard of them? you put them on your feet (or other part of the body I believe) and they remove toxins from your body...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 5:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Are you working out? A fitness plan that includes cardio and weight/resistance training will help tighten and tone your body, but may take a little time. You can also avoid salty foods that cause you do retain water and bloat. If you have an excessive amount of skin, talk to your doctor to see what their suggestions are and if surgery may be required. You can also apply lotion to your whole body on a daily basis. Not only is it good for your skin, but the massaging motion stimulates your skin cells to reduce cellulite. If you wanted to get really crazy, there are even caffeine lotions that are supposedly great for cellulite, as well. Good luck!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2008