Tubal???

So I am having baby #3 in May. I will be having scheduled c-section and having a tubal. How much does the tubal change the sugery itself and the recovery?

thethings

Asked by thethings at 2:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• It makes it last about 3 minutes longer , otherwise nothing is any different at all .
    I had mine done during my c-section in september.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had my tubal during my 3rd c-section. I'm not sure how much longer the c-section took as I was under general anesthesia, but the recovery was about the same as my 2nd c-section (scheduled) and much better than my 1st c-section (emergency after 24 hours of labor).
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had my tubal a year after my son (9 yrs ago), however, I never had to have a C-section so they went thru my belly button and it was an outpatient procedure and all I have is a sm scar at the bottom of the inside of my belly button (I am not bragging by any means), but here is my point... Make sure you understand the psychological side of having this done. I didn't understand and I recently ended a 13 yr marriage because of things that didn't seem to bother before the tubal and afterwards they became a major issue that couldn't be overcame. I know not everyone is the same and not everyone reacts the same and on and on. Just make the best decision possible for you and your situation. Take care and Congrats!
    NEMom521

Answer by NEMom521 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008